How to Bounce Back After Being Shot Down by Your Ex
(A Short Guide For Men)
So you’re trying to get back with your ex, huh? I am sure that you are trying to do those little things that helped you win her over in the beginning. You’ve had plenty of time to reflect on yourself; so now you’re trying to correct your wrongs and mold yourself into a better man.
You are being more open, more honest, and being apologetic. I have to say that I am starting this off as if you did something wrong. I understand that isn’t always the case as to why you are now have the title “ex boyfriend”. But for the sake of this article let’s say you messed up and now you’re trying to win your lady back.
I am starting this off as if you did something wrong. I understand that isn’t always the case as to why you are now have the title “ex boyfriend”
So far everything you’re doing seems to be working. She seem interested in rekindling what you two once had. At this point you are feeling very optimistic and you are full of joy. Promising that you will never mess up again. Then suddenly she hit you with “I am sorry, I can’t do this anymore.
This is not where I want to be.” Then she tells you how great you are and how you can be anything you want in life. At this point you’re crushed and none of that positive talk from her even matter. So now you’re just like “What do I do now?” Well here are a few things that may or may not work. But they are all worth a try.
Walk it out, Cry it out.
- Yes, I am serious. I mean if you really love her and genuinely wanted her back you’ve likely cried already. Crying makes you feel better. Walking makes you feel better. Walk, cry, and clear your mind. It works. The reason I know this will work doesn’t matter.
Continue to work on yourself.
- Please don’t let yourself go now. You put in all this work to be a better man. Don’t give it all up just because you let the one woman you wanted slip away. Continue to better yourself. Find a hobby, learn something new, travel, meet new people, catch up with friends.
Start back dating.
- So it may take some time for you to hop back in the dating scene. It is a daunting task especially if you have been out of the dating scene for some time. Start off slow with some apps like: MIUMEET, POF, Skout… How I know about those apps doesn’t matter. Just check them out.
Delete her number and unfollow all social media accounts
- This should be number one. But even if you deleted her number, numbers are so easy to retrieve. So deleting it doesn’t really mean anything at all. You probably remember the number anyway. Save yourself the saltiness by unfollowing her social media pages, because if you don’t you will see her posting pictures with her new boo and I am sure you don’t want to see that. Most importantly you don’t want to be sliding in her DMs and sending texts. That will happen especially off the liquid courage. Save yourself from feeling like a fool the next morning.
Don’t bother her. Leave her alone.
- This ties into the previous point. But do not be that guy that stalks and constantly hits her up. Before you know it you know it you will have a visit from the police and you don’t want those problems. Respect her wishes and just accept that is is time for you to move on.
Those are a few points that may get you through your woes after being rejected by your ex. It isn’t the end of the world, I promise. It is a beautiful world with plenty beautiful women. I hope you find that one. Just remember one thing; don’t mess up and make the same mistakes with your new boo. That just makes you an idiot that will never get it together.
Written by, G. Othello
Of IzzyVision Entertainment