POLYAMORY MAY BE AWESOME
By G. Othello
According to Wikipedia, Polyamory is defined as; typically the practice of, or desire for, intimate relationships where individuals may have more than one partner, with the knowledge and consent of all partners. So in short it is an open relationship. It’s a pretty awesome idea. I would like to highlight a few reasons why this is an awesome idea:
- You don’t have to worry about knowing how to cheat the right way.
- If one of many lovers is getting on your nerves you could go be with the other lover/spouse.
- You could do the above without consequences. This is all consensual anyway.
- Increased financial stability. (More money between spouses/lovers to blow!)
- Sharing of child supervision. No more trying to get your BD, BM, and family to watch your child. Also you’ll save a lot on child care services!
- Since apparently there is a belief that “no one can provide all” you can seek and find what one partner is lacking from one of your many other mates!
Of course we cannot highlight some of the positives without mentioning why it may not be a good idea, right?
- This may not be a good idea if you’re the jealous type. Jealousy may be inevitable. It’s in human nature to feel some type of way every once a while.
- Polyamory does not come without rules. A lot of these relationships come with some sort of terms and conditions. So it’s not as if you’re just wild and free. If you desire to be wild in free, just be single.
- It may be awkward for your children to adjust and understand what is going on.
- In a monogamous relationship it’s easy to become possessive and not want to share your lover. The same possessive mentality can occur in a polyamorous relationship. We have to keep in mind we are humans with feelings.
Polyamory may seem like an awesome free for all open relationship. But my research led me to believe that polyamory is nothing more than an open relationship with it’s own rules and complications. So I’ll stick with my one girlfriend and enjoy everything that comes with a monogamous lifestyle.
What is your opinion on monogamy, polyamory, polygamy, swinging, etc.? Let us know in the comments!
Written by, Othello
Of IzzyVision Entertainment